25th February 2012… a day I shall never forget.
The day I left.
The day I began the next chapter of this horror story.
If I could give any advice to someone in an abusive relationship or someone looking to leave, it would be that its tough, so tough but believe me IT IS WORTH IT.
No-one should have to suffer at the hands of someone else, let alone someone who is supposed to love you. Please don’t ever think you deserve it, you asked for it or you have to put up with it.
Be strong, think of you and if you have children please think of them. My daughter was 15month old when I left, you’d be amazed at how much they pick up on. I let him back in, time and time again. Never to be in a relationship but as her father and as a friend, as crazy as that sounds because how could he ever be my friend after what he did. We argued, I thought I was stronger and I could stand up to him but I never could not really. He bullied me for a long time even after we separated and it took me a long time to see it.
No-one asks for this, no-one deserves it but it happens, good people fall for bad people. Good people like to see the good in others, think of it that way. You’re a good person that fell for the wrong person and they don’t deserve you, walk away it gets better and there is someone else out there for you!
- From the gov website it is estimated at 1.9million adults aged 16-59 experienced domestic abuse in the year ending March 2017
- 1.2 million women victims and 713,000 men victims in that 1.9million
- 1.1 million incidents reported to the police in that year time scale and of these 46% were recorded as domestic related crimes. This accounts for 32% of all violent crimes reported to the police
- 46 arrests per 100 crimes recorded in the year ending in March 2017 – that’s almost half of all crimes recorded by the police!
- 72% of these were charged and then 76% of these secured a conviction which is a high amount, just not high enough.
The more awareness raised to domestic abuse and putting a stop to it the better, we shall all stand together and fight this.